October 3, 2008

Muralistic-Giving And Receiving

Making art is a Passion. Not only does it allow me to express myself; it also allows me to share with others.


















During my college years when I was learning all about Art; painting, drawing, design, and color; it was all about me! I believed that I would paint and draw, and this is how I would earn my living. People would purchase my Art and in turn I would earn money and be noticed in the Art world. It was all about me!

Now that I am older and have learned quite a bit about life and living; I know that my art is a gift. A gift that I am blessed to have, one that I must share with others. This talent I have is not for me or about me. It was not given to me so that I can boast about it or receive recognition. It wasn't even given to me so that I could earn a buck. My gift is truly that. A Gift! One that I must use not for my benefit but for the benefit of others.

Recently I have come to this realization. Once it took hold, I learned exaclty how my gift can benefit and help others. A million opportunities to share my gift have suddenly presented themselves to me. What a wonderful thing! The cards and flyers contained here were designed and printed by Andy Thompson at Keith Fabry Reprographic Solutions. This will allow me to share my gift with others by being able to pass on my information.

This week I met with Ellie Coyne with the Pallative Care unit/Massey Cancer Center at the Medical College of Virginia who has great plans to utilize my gift in her unit. I am donating wall murals and art that will dance on the walls and allow others to receive the gift that has been bestowed on me. And for that I am truly grateful. I truly am lovin' life!



2 comments:

Fay said...

Hi Leslie. I wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I have completed my review of "Flowers of Life" and I'm pleased to inform you that you have been added to Blogging Women.

Thanks for sharing your blog with me and the readers of our directory.

Wishing you continued success!

Anonymous said...

I really love your blog!